Day 1100 -- Warm Home

I am thankful that I have a warm home to be inside on this bitterly cold night.

I am thankful that all day I was able to spend time with my kids.  And the fact that I was able to do so in my pajamas is just icing on the cake.  Even being productive we had fun.  For example, Colby and I did some work on nErDcamp 2014.  We already have people from five states signed up to attend!  We used author Laurie Keller's Scrambled States of America game to keep track of which states are represented so far.


There are many days where I am discontent with our house.  I hate how small it is, or the fact that my bathroom is lame, or the imperfections I am constantly finding in our walls and ceilings.  Our kitchen is out of date, our carpets need replacing...the list goes on and on.

But the fact is, the blue house with the purple door is a solid, safe place to raise our kids.  It is warm and cozy, and we have money to keep the lights on and the (warm) water running.  

I am blessed so richly.  It is especially evident on days like today how lucky I am just for the most basic of blessings, like a roof over my head and heat coming out of the radiators.

Thank God for our warm home!

Lord, thank you for providing us with the basics.  It is so easy to overlook these things, but we are grateful.  Thank you for a day home with my family.  In your name I pray Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!