Day 1101--Puzzles

I have never been a huge fan of puzzles myself. I remember struggling over them as a kid, exasperatedly resigning myself to putting edge pieces together while everyone else seemed to make much faster progress.

So the fact that I love doing puzzles with my kids is inexplicable. Tonight I laid on the living room floor for well over an hour watching my youngest tear through no fewer than seven different puzzles. I was amazed to see her strategy of piecing together objects or characters that she recognized first, then fitting the different sections together as it became evident.  This is far different than my typical strategy, although I did manage to help a little with some of the edges when she encouraged me to join in.


Puzzles are a highly cerebral activity, so I wasn't surprised when she conked out shortly after finishing her seventh puzzle.  Nor did I mind.  It's not every night I get to sit in my rocking chair under a pile of blankets with sleeping three year-old -- even more rare knowing that you don't have to go to school the next day because of the snow and cold.


It was a lovely time spent with my surprisingly talented puzzler.

Thank God for puzzles!

Lord, thank you for the time I got to spend doing puzzles with AJ tonight.  Thank you for letting me hold and rock her as she slept afterwards too.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!