Day 1103 -- Monday That's Not Really a Monday

Today was an interesting day back.  It was full of hustle and bustle, rudely jarring us all awake from our Christmas break complacencies.  Instead of sitting down in the morning and having a coffee, it was getting up at 5:30 am and running around like a chicken with my head cut off until 4 pm.

I was not really happy to be back, I'll admit.  I fought back tears as I dropped off my little one, realizing it would be over ten hours before I saw her again.  Even with the three extra days, I wasn't ready.  I'm not sure I would have ever been.

Regardless, I do have something to be thankful for, and that is the fact that no matter how "Monday" today felt, it wasn't.  Praise Jesus that it really is Thursday, which means that before I know it, I'll be facing a weekend home with my kids.  Somehow, knowing that made this tough day a little easier.

Thank God for a Monday that's not really a Monday!

Lord, thank you for being my strength going back to school today.  Thank you for all of the extra time home with my family, and how that means I'll be back together with them soon.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!