Day 1108 -- Pep Talk

We took the kids to open gym tonight, in order to give them a chance to run around and escape the typical scenery of these long, dark winter nights.

The olders were terribly excited at the prospect of some hard core playing in their gym wih their friends outside of normal school hours, but AJ was not so easily persuaded. 

To my shock and awe, Dharia took the lead, sweetly bending down to her sister's eye level and doing her best to convince AJ to overcome her reservations. She impressively and passionately used examples of times when both she and AJ had conquered their fears. It was the most genuine and adorable pep talk I have ever seen. It made me so proud to be Dharia's mom. I felt wholly and entirely blessed to be her mom. 

Don't ask me how, but I was lucky enough to catch some of it on video.

You'll have to copy and paste this into your browser because I can't figure out how to link this from my phone.  Sorry about that:


Thank God for a pep talk!

Lord, thank you for an amazing daughter who is also an incredible sister. Thank you for allowing me to see this interaction tonight and for the chance to document it so it can be a precious memory to revisit again and again. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Unknown said…
Dharia Lou is a rare breed, my friend. I can't wait to see how God is going to continue to use her throughout her life to love and comfort the people around her. She's so darn selfless, it's ridiculous! :) You should be proud.
Unknown said…
Dharia this is clearly evidence that you have spectacular role models at home! Your brother and sister are so lucky to have you as a sister! May God continue to bless your very special family!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!