Day 1116 -- Crossfit

Today I tried something new that I have had my eye on for a long time.

It was intimidating and and I had no idea what to expect, but I braved the slippery, wintery roads and arrived at Crossfit517 on Horton Road nervous, but excited to work out.

The hour was filled with mostly strength training based on olympic weightlifting.  It was unfamiliar territory for me, a dedicated long-session cardio person, but I did enjoy the challenge of attempting to perform the skills that others in the class made look easy.  Within a few minutes I was drenched in sweat, and it was humbling to see that some of the exercises that seasoned Crossfitters did with ease and grace were impossible for my body to even execute.  I believe that I will be all kinds of sore tomorrow.

I'm still not quite sure what I think about Crossfit.  The instructors at Crossfit517 encouraged me to try at least 4 sessions to get a complete idea of what the program entails.  They told me that many people are a bit stunned after the first session, but after three or four get hooked.

I don't know if it will be the program for me, but I'm thankful that I tried it and excited to see how it progresses through the next three visits.  It was a good experience and I definitely worked hard.

Now, if I can only get up the courage to try Zumba...

Thank God for Crossfit!

Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and courage to try something new today.  Thank you for the ability to work my body physically and for the clarity and strength it brings to my mind as a result.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!