Day 1125--Black Shoes

I didn't have time to go home after school today. I needed to get some stuff done at school before heading off to Mason. As I was getting changed to go to the gymnastics meet 10 minutes before I needed to leave from school, I realized that I did not have any black dress shoes (or any color or that matter). All I had were the big, brown snowboots that I had worn into school that morning, and my running shoes, which I had planned on using to work out after school.

in a panic, I called my husband, who helpfully suggested "wear the running shoes!" In a text two minutes before my ride was scheduled to arrive.

I don't even know how to explain what happened next. Courtney pulled up in her car and I hopped in. I explained to her the situation, whereupon she produced two black dress shoes from the backseat. Apparently, they belonged to her freshman daughter, who is frequently leaving clothes and shoes in the vehicle.

It was nearly perfect. The shoes didn't fit exactly, but they did the job. I wasn't wearing brown boots, running shoes, or going barefoot at the meet. I am so thankful for happy coincidences that turn into joyful blessings!

Thank God for some black shoes!

Lord, thank you for all of the ways that you provide, even in the smallest, most seemingly insignificant ways. Thank you for looking out for me tonight. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!