Day 1129 -- Pep Assembly

Today marked my 6th time running a pep assembly for the entire school.  I'm not sure why, but the pep assembly always freaks me out more than any other Snowfest or Homecoming activity.  Formal would be a close second and halftime after that, but for some reason, I'm always the most stressed out thinking about the pep assembly.

And today, it was in a brand new gym for the first time.

I am so thankful to be able to tell you that today's pep assembly was a smashing success.  From watching the "Boy Leaders" perform their hilarious routines, to seeing teams of girls attempt to spell words out of giant poster boards in a real-life "Word with Friends", it was a ton of fun.  The jazz band played and the candidates were introduced in their Olympic-themed costumes (one of the king candidates impersonated the male figure skater from "Blades of Steel", which was extremely funny). We capped off the entire thing with a tug-of-war between classes, which is always a hit.

I am so thankful that we pulled it off.  I am also grateful to be able to watch our students having fun with each other and, at least for a moment, interacting with each other in real life.

Thank God for the pep assembly!

Lord, thank you for helping us plan and execute a fun and successful pep assembly.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!