Day 1132 -- Forgiveness

Tonight when I got home from gymnastics, I discovered that AJ was still up too. My first clue was ta lot of banging and thumping happening directly above my head. My second clue was that the dog came downstairs smelling very much like my perfume.

I decided to investigate. Immediately upon seeing me, my daughter broke down into gasping sobs. Apparently she wa aware that spraying my perfume everywhere was a bad choice.

We had a talk about it, and everything seemed cool although she was still very upset. I thought his mostly had to do with the fact that she had gotten some of the perfume in her eyes and they were now itchy. I got her a cool washcloth for her eyes, but she was still inconsolable. As I rubbed her back and stroked her hair, she finally looked at me and said, "Mommy (sob), do you (sob) forgive (sob) me?"

As soon as I convinced her that I had, she calmed down and snuggled into my shoulder. I am so thankful that our relationship is so important to her and I am grateful for her sweet and sensitive side. I love her so much it hurts.

Thank God for forgiveness!

Lord thank you for my daughter's heart and for the importance she places on our relationship. Amen.

Comments

Aileen Stewart said…
Beautiful. My daughter is nine, and after she has been disobedient, she still asks me if I still love her. I always assure that although I don't always like her choices, I love her no matter what!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!