Day 1134 -- Sticky Notes

I traveled to Mason tonight to judge a(nother) gymnastics meet -- my 3rd in three nights. This one was a quad, so I was steeling myself for a long, tiring evening. Adding to my irritation was the fact that the teams had only just begun to warm up when we arrived onsite.

I walked into the high school girls' restroom and was surprised to see colorful sticky notes all over. 

Upon further inspection, I noticed that each and every note was one of positive encouragement and affirmation, geared specifically to young women.  For example, on the mirror, it said, "Keep your chin up, beautiful." Inside the stall was, "You're worth it ." Hanging by the hand dryer was, "This is your moment. Seize it."

The notes were handwritten and incredibly powerful. I was so grateful to see such a positive outpouring from high school students. It gave me hope and lifted my spirits for the rest of the evening. 

Thank God for sticky notes!

Lord, thank you for the positive, affirming students at Mason High School. Please allow their encouragement to spread and change the world. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!