Day 1137 -- Dinner and a Movie

This evening, all five of us caught The Lego Movie at the Bogar Theatre in downtown Marshall.  We all cracked up as we watched the zany antics of the Lego characters while sporting our 3D glasses.

After the movie, we went for a late dinner at Pizza Hut.  My gracious grandparents gave my kids a gift card for Valentine's Day, so they took us out.  We enjoyed each other's company, talking about our favorite parts of the movie, which characters we liked best, and completing the puzzles on the back of the kids' placemats  (Breslin was able to make an insane number of words out of the letters that spell television...it was truly impressive).

I am so thankful for this time with my family.  More than once this evening I thought about how charmed our lives are.  I know these days of family movies and dinners are numbered, and tonight I was able to soak it all up.  For that I am truly grateful.

Thank God for dinner and a movie!

Lord, thank you for a wonderful evening with my kids and husband.  Thank you for blessing our time together and for helping me to see what an amazing blessing it is just to be able to see a movie and have dinner.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!