Day 1138--East Lansing

This afternoon I got to give Colby his Valentine's Day present--a trip to East Lansing to see MSU play basketball against Nebraska.

It was a trip long in the making and I planned and conspired to make it a surprise. I had purchased the tickets nearly a month ago, only to find out on Friday that I had bought tickets to Thursday's game on accident.  

I had worked too hard to throw in the towel, so I bought tickets for today and the surprise went down exactly as planned, other than the fact that State didn't really show up to play basketball.

The game was absolutely terrible, but spending an afternoon and evening with my husband free of interruptions and obligations was pure bliss.  Even though the main event wasn't what I had hoped for (by the way, State won easily on Thursday), it was. Blessing just to be with my favorite guy in one of my favorite places. Just being on campus makes me happy, and today was no exception. 

Thank God for A Day in East Lansing!

Lord, thank you for a day away in one of my favorite cities. Thank you for the time I got to spend with my Valentine. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!