Day 1139 -- Secrets

Lately, AJ has gone to bed asking if she can tell me a specific number of "secrets" before I leave her.

The secrets vary in volume and in content, but lately, they have very much veered towards sweet compliments.

Tonight, she wanted to tell me five secrets.  Her face trembled in happy excitedness and she whispered the following five statements into my ear with a goofy grin that went ear to ear.

Secret 1) "Mommy, you're beautiful."

Secret 2) "You're the best mommy in the whole wide world."

Secret 3) "Mommy, I love you so much."

Secret 4) "You're the best mommy in the whole wide world."

Secret 5) "Ummmm, you're so beautiful."

I have found that if I don't count, these secrets can go on and on.  But, who would get tired of hearing any of these secrets?

Not me.  After a full day of feeling lame, it's amazing how she can make me feel like a million bucks.

With tears streaming down my face, I turned to leave her room and she said, "Ummmm, Mommy?  I gotta tell you one more thing."

"Umm.  I love you."

Thank God for AJ's secrets!

Lord, thank you for my incredibly sweet and wonderful daughter.  Thank you for the way she makes me feel.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!