Day 1161 -- A Clean Back Room

For months and months, my back lab preparation and storage area has been nothing short of a disaster.  Or at the very least, it's been OSHA non-compliant.

Either way, it has been a significant source of anxiety.  I would simply turn off the lights and close/lock the door to the room.  Out of sight, out of mind.  That is, it would be that way until I had to go back there for some reason.  Unfortunately, as a chemistry teacher, I would need to go back there for supplies fairly often.  Miniature panic attacks would always ensue as soon as I breached the threshold.  It has been an item on my to-do list since September, but I've never had the time or energy to tack it.

In short, it was hugely overwhelming and seemed an impossible task to complete.

Friends, I am happy to report that after busting my butt for the past 2 days, my back room is clean and no-longer a safety hazard.

Of course, there is more to do (isn't there always?), but I can see the floor, the boxes have been emptied and put away properly, and the chemicals have been stored safely.

I am thankful for this huge victory and for the way that this burden has been lifted off of my shoulders.  It has not been lost on me that without the presence of my student teacher, there is no way I would've been able to accomplish this.  I simply worked in the room with an ear out while she taught my chemistry classes yesterday and today.  That way, I could still be attuned to what was happening in my class, but not interrupt her teaching or be a dominant figure in the classroom.

It feels just wonderful, I can't even begin to put into words the lightness I feel knowing that this is done.

Thank God for a clean back room!

Lord, thank you for helping me cross-off a huge task from my list.  Thank you for the blessing of time and energy to do it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!