Day 1166 -- Lunch with the Greats

Today after church, we got a chance to eat lunch with my dad and grandparents at Cascarelli's of Homer.

It was an incredible blessing for me to watch my kids interact with my grandparents.  The little ones made my grandparents laugh and smile with their stories (Dharia told us all about the time grandpa had to get gum out of her hair with peanut butter) and their menu choices (Breslin opted for the adult's menu Meatball Sub...and ate most of it).  My grandparents made the kids smile with their thoughtful questions about things they had read about on the blog or heard about through my dad.

Of course, I felt blessed to be able to spend time with some of my favorite people.  I don't get to see my grandparents nearly as much as I'd like to, so this was an extraordinary opportunity to soak in their love and support.

Thank God for lunch with the greats!

Lord, thank you for an awesome time today with my kids, my dad, and my grandparents.  Thank you for surrounding me with wonderful, loving people who make me want to be a better person.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.