Day 1167 -- My Little Engineer

Tonight at a very successful Family Reading Night, Dharia's kindergarten teacher pulled me aside to tell me how impressed she was with my daughter.

It never gets old having some one tell you how awesome your kid is.

Anyhow, her teacher went on to explain that every morning the kids have been trained to dump the milk from their cereal bowls down the classroom sink.  And every morning, inevitably, some cereal gets stuck in the drain because there isn't a strainer for the industrial-sized school sink.

My Dharia came up to her and politely asked for some help cutting a small hole in the bottom of her breakfast juice cup.

Her teacher went along with it and was amazed to see that Dharia had fashioned a makeshift strainer for the classroom sink!  The juice cup, Dharia explained, had a hold in the bottom so that the milk could go through, but trapped the cereal before it got caught in the drain.

The whole class watched in awe as she set it in the sink and tried it out...and it WORKED!

I was beaming with pride to hear of the innovation and confidence my little girl had.  I am thankful she feels comfortable to take a risk based on an idea she had.

Thank God for my little engineer!

Lord, thank you for my daughter.  Thank you for her exceptional brain and her beautiful heart.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!