Day 1168 -- Karate

Yes, yes, I know.  I write about karate a ton.  But, I do so because I am truly thankful for it.

Tonight's post, however, has nothing to do with the kids.

Okay, maybe a little bit.

But, I am thankful tonight because I got to experience MY first karate class as a white belt!

PKSA Karate of Jackson encourages parents of their "Kids Power" program to come to classes with their kids and join in if they are interested.  They love to see families train together.  In fact, the owners of the gym both started out as parents ofa child taking a "Kids Power" class.  After training together, they went up the ranks and eventually became master instructors and the owners of the do jang.

I had a great time.  I can really see it being something that I get into.  And, it's so convenient because, to get the kids to class, one of us has to be there anyway, so instead of just sitting and watching, I get to participate and be a part of it.

My kids, as yellow belts, are a rank ahead of me, of course.  I got to watch them in the front row as I stood with the rest of the white belts.  It filled me with great joy and excitement and I'm so thankful that I got to do it.

Thank God for karate (again)!

Lord, thank you for an awesome night and a fantastic opportunity.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!