Day 1170 -- Spring Concert

This evening, I was treated to my son's performance at the Parma Elementary Spring Concert.  I got to watch his expressive singing of such songs as, "I Am a Promise", and "The Best Parents in the World".  The best part of the whole thing was watching him come to the front of the stage and sing a song about being "uniquely me" while bouncing up and down in excitement the entire time.  It was not only hysterical and adorable, but perfectly and uniquely Breslin.

After Breslin's portion of the concert was completed, the 3rd and 5th graders from Parma made their way up to perform.  Since Colby's students are 3rd graders, he supervised them getting on and off of the stage.  The kids and I stayed up in the balcony, where I got to snuggle them all and try to assure them that I would definitely get them a snack...once the concert was over.

When the last song ended, we made our way down to the lobby to find Colby.  It was then that the craziness began.  Dharia and Breslin were thirsty, so we went to find a drinking fountain.  After getting their drinks, they were a little antsy, so the bouncing and twirling turned into running and climbing.  I managed to get them settled down, but not before Breslin took a tumble onto the hard tile floor.  With him crying and me attending to him, AJ took off.  I looked up and she was just gone.

With a crying Breslin and a bouncing Dharia in tow, I anxiously scanned the auditorium for my three year-old.  I started to get more and more desperate the farther into the crowd I pushed.  

When I was near utter panic, I saw Colby emerge with our girl in his arms.

I am so thankful she was safely with Colby and I am grateful that I was able to see my son perform tonight.  Even with the stress at the end, it was a fantastic night filled with special memories.

Thank God for the spring concert!

Dear Lord, thank you for my kids and how they make everything an adventure.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.