Day 1188 -- Down Day

Having a student teacher has been a ton more work than I anticipated, but every once in a while, it's nice to not be in charge of my classes 6 hours a day.

Take today for example.

After a phenomenal spring break, I came back to school less than thrilled.  I can only imagine that my students were feeling similarly.

So, I feel blessed that today, I didn't have to teach most of my classes.  I didn't have to fake feeling excited to be back.  I didn't have to pull teeth to get them to engage.  I didn't have to do much honestly.

It was a nice way to ease back into the routine.  I spent most of the day in the teachers' lounge, catching up on all of the little tasks that I never seem to have time for.  It was a relaxed, down day.  I left feeling unharried and prepared for tomorrow.

Thank God for a down day!

Lord, thank you for this unexpected perk of having a student teacher.  I am grateful for a relaxed, easy first day back.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!