Day 1190 -- Dodge Ball

As a part of this week's SprINgSANITY festivities (think homecoming for spring sports), the winning student dodge ball team was showcased in a pep assembly during the school day.

By showcase, I mean, pitted against an all-staff dodgeball team.

I happened to be a member of that all-staff team, and it was SO MUCH FUN.

I dodged and threw and laughed and laughed.  I even managed to be the last person standing on our team -- twice.

The rest of the day, I got high fives from students and comments like, "Great job, Mrs. Sharp!  You were so cute/funny/awesome out there!"

It was sweet of them to say and it made my day.  My personal feeling is that school should be more fun and today was an opportunity to make that happen.  I'm glad that I got to play and I'm glad the students got to laugh and have some fun.

Thank God for Dodge Ball!

Lord, thank you for a chance to have some fun today.  Thank you for helping me to not make a fool of myself.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!