Day 1192 -- Lock In

We had a great, long track practice tonight, so I pulled up to the Sharp's house a bit late this beautiful evening.  As soon as I did, Dharia sprinted up to me asking if she could go to Parma Elementary's "lock in".  She was so excited, and honestly, I was so beat, that the thought of two of my three kids being occupied for 3 hours sounded pretty good.

So, I took them over to the school and we patiently waited in the line that stretched out of the doors to the school.  But, as soon as we got to the front of the line, it was all "See ya mom!" and they disappeared into the throng of reveling elementary schoolers before I could even finish filling out the registration.

I'm thankful to see them so excited about an extra-curricular activity and grateful for a little extra quiet(er) time at home this evening!

Thank God for the lock in!

PS -- Grandma Sharp texted and said she and grandpa would pick up the kids and let them spend the night after the lock-in!  What a great night for those two kiddos! :)

Lord, thank you for providing fun, healthy things for my kids to do.  I am thankful that they are never bored and that there are always positive activities for them to participate in.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!