Day 2005 -- New Every Morning

For years I have been trying to figure out the morning routine.  I always feel rushed, frantic.  This results in stress, anxiety, and irritability.

For the first time ever, I believe I am starting to get it.

I am waking up a full hour earlier than last year.  Despite the early hour, I have been so pleased to be able to wake up nice and slow: take a long, hot shower, drink two full cups of coffee while sitting in a comfy chair, do my devotions, and get my kids ready.  I'm ashamed to say that last year there were several mornings (okay, let's be real...more mornings than not) where my kids went to school without their hair or teeth being brushed.  

Even though it's only been two days in the new routine, it has made just an absolutely huge difference.  I arrive at school feeling confident and ready to face the day instead of pressured and overstretched.  This morning, I was so relaxed that I had time to eat a bowl of oatmeal in the teacher's lounge and just talk to my colleagues as they rolled in.  Be assured that though these things may seem insignificant, they are both unprecedented events.

This morning my devotions focused on Lamentations 3:22-23:

Lamentations 3:22-23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 The Lord’s lovingkindnesses [a]indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

I truly believe that this new feeling of requiescence is one of God's lovingkindesses and I am encouraged at the promise of experiencing it anew every morning.

Thank God for the new (every) morning routine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!