Day 2009 --Just a Scare

Today I ran to Breslin's first fall ball game.

45 minutes after I arrived, as I was stretching, I got stung twice by what I thought were bees.

Normally, I have a pretty severe allergic reaction to being stung.  I have had to get an Epipen twice and neither episode was a pretty situation.  I quickly swell up out of control at the site of the sting and I cannot breathe within a minute.

Colby was on the other side of the ball field complex, picking up some stuff from the car when it happened, so I was all alone with the girls watching the game.

I tried hard to brace myself and not panic.  I instructed Dharia to call her dad as I laid down.  AJ held my hand and told me a story.  By the time Colby returned from the car, I was breathing normally.  And although you could clearly see where I was stung, there was virtually no swelling at all.

I don't know if those weren't really bees, or if all of a sudden I am no longer allergic, or if God just decided to heal the stings on contact.  Whatever it was, I am so grateful that what should have been a horrible incident was basically a non-issue.  I had some nausea and goosebumps, but who's to say that's not just from running...or from being pregnant, for that matter?  It was scary, but that's really all it was.

Thank God it was just a scare!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!