Day 2012 -- Promises of Peace

Today was not a peaceful day.

It was rushed, stressful, and full of obstacles and turmoil.

I'm ashamed to say that I was short with my kids, and I worked on school stuff when I should have been snuggling with them.

I'm so thankful that each day is a new start.  Perhaps even more thankful, though, that God promises us peace.

Tonight at 10:30 while I was making lunches because, yes, I was just getting to that, I decided to listen to a Joyce Meyer podcast.

Turns out, God wanted me to know that I could have peace.  In fact, he was promising me peace.  All I had to do was decide to pursue it.

So tomorrow, my goal is to chase after peace and to rely on him, who never fails or breaks a promise.  And who loves me no matter how much I screw up.

Thank God for these promises of peace!

Comments

Aileen Stewart said…
I know I'm a little late in finding this post, but it is beautiful :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!