Day 2 - Perfect Fall Run

Running is good for my soul. In the midst of the chaos that was today,  I managed to somehow squeeze in a 45 minute run. 

It was wonderful. I could feel the tension ease and my spirits lift with each step. The colors on the trees were just beautiful, and the cool fall air filled my lungs. 

The wind whipped my face and my favorite songs played on a Spotify playlist. At one point, I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy to be outside. Running.

I spend a considerable portion of my life feeling overwhelmed or exhausted to the point where I decide not to run. But I should know better. Each time I decide to run despite the fact that I might not feel like I have enough energy, or that I'm too busy, I am rewarded with a feeling of peace and clarity of thought. Today was not an exception. I'm so thankful for the run I had today.

Thank God for a perfect fall run!

Lord thank you for giving me this chance to run today and for the peace and clarity it brought to my mind. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!