Day 61 -- iPod Found

It's silly, but my whole outlook on life today hinged on one small, seemingly insignificant event.  My iPod, which had been missing since last week Tuesday, was found.

I know it sounds dumb, but the fact that I couldn't find the iPod had been really bothering me the last couple of days.  You know how there can be that one thing that is there in the back of your brain, incessantly reminding you of something unpleasant?  This morning the fact that my iPod was MIA was just gnawing at me.  I renewed my search efforts and looked all over the house for it.  I even enlisted the help of my husband.   Either I was going to find this iPod or drive myself batty in the process.  Yes, I even prayed in earnest that I would find it.  Because, if I had in fact lost the iPod for good, it meant a couple of things:

1) I no longer had my playlists for running or working out (see Day 54 -- Music)

2a) I was so unbelievably careless that I dropped it or left it somewhere.  Cue the self-loathing.

OR

2b) One of my students stole it from my desk at school.

None of these really sat well with me.  So, when we (Colby wants me to mention that by "we" I mean "Colby") found the iPod this morning in a perfectly logical place, my day instantly became better.  I had my playlists! The nagging, sinking feeling was gone!  My faith in myself and in my students was restored!

The only conclusion that I can come to now was that I'm really not very good at looking for things.

Thank God that my iPod was found!

Lord, thank you that finding my iPod today was such a relief.  Thank you for this small victory that had bigger ramifications that just having my music back.  Yes, I'm glad for that too, but I'm even happier that it means it wasn't stolen or something equally unsettling.  Thank you for your many blessings and thank you for opening my eyes to them daily.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!