Day 64 -- Groceries

I really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hate grocery shopping.

Really.

Okay, I'm done now.

But, it's true.  I don't do the grocery shopping at our house.  I leave that to my husband, who does so without complaint on a weekly basis.  But between the snow and ice storms and my intense hatred for grocery shopping we have had next to nothing for food in our house the past few days. That is, I refuse to ruin a perfectly good day off by one of us having to go grocery shopping even if it means we are a little lean on our food selection (i.e. croutons become a snack food and we eat lots of Cheese Thingys -- see day 52).  Can AJ wear Dharia's diapers?  Sure!  They are a little big, but they still do their job.  Can Breslin eat a PB and J even if we have no peanut butter?  Absolutely!  In fact, I think he's starting to like them better that way.

The older kids had their first gymnastics class after school, so it was somewhat of a long day.  But, when I got home, my husband had the groceries all put away AND dinner on the stove hot and ready to eat.  It was like a cute little elf had come in and taken care of everything while I was away.  What a guy!   Today, I am so thankful to have groceries back in my house and in my life.

Thank God for groceries!

Lord, thank you for providing us the financial means to purchase food and supplies for our household.  I am so grateful that our family can live comfortably.  Thank you for giving me a husband who cheerfully takes care of a chore I so detest so that I do not have to.  Please help me not to take any of this for granted.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
Hey! Does that mean the kids got into gymnastics after all! YEAH!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!