Day 134 -- Double Pass Out

This morning, AJ woke up a bit earlier than normal and put a kink in our well-worn routine.  Normally, we wake her up just before leaving, give her some milk, and whisk her off to the van in her car seat.  When she gets up before we're ready, we have to rearrange our finely-tuned morning schedule.  This morning, Colby had taken care of her while I showered and dressed, but had to hand her off so that he could do the same.  So, I held her in my lap while I did some devotions.  I patted her back and hummed while I read.  A few minutes later, I looked down.  The girl was passed out!  Lightly snoring and drooling, she dozed on my shoulder until I finished and could lay her down in her bed.

Then, after dinner tonight, I held her while walking around the house.  I was listening to some music and singing softly when I realized that she was awfully still.  I looked down and chuckled to see that she had surrendered herself to sleep once again in my arms.

I guess that AJ doesn't subscribe to Dharia's "Play All Day" philosophy.

Now that she's one, I don't get a chance to rock her to sleep or to hold her while she's sleeping much anymore, so to get to do so twice in one day was really a nice treat for me. 

Thank God for the double pass out!

Lord, thank you for my sleepy baby and for the chance to hold her while she slept today.  Please help her to get the rest that she so obviously needs.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!