Day 289 -- Finished!

Today I finished the Bible in 90 Days Challenge. It took me 88 Days.

It was interesting. I learned a lot. For growing up going to church I sure didn't know a whole lot about the Bible.

It also generated a ton of questions for me. The challenge was to read, not study, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to really contemplate the answers to my questions. This was a little unsettling.

More than anything, I think the biggest impact came from my constant immersion in the word. These 88 days have represented the the most consistency I've ever had with reading the Bible. As a result, I could see a definite difference in my life, especially the last 5 weeks when it has appeared to be spiraling out of control. There was a peace, a calm, a still, small Voice of Truth keeping me better focused. Words that I read the day before would suddenly ring true in a difficult situation. Words of comfort would pop up when I was feeling defeated.

I didn't magically turn into a much better person in 88 days like I sort of hoped I would, but I do feel as though I am more aware of what direction I need to go to become that person.

I feel extremely loved by my Lord and Savior. I feel awed by His power and His vastness. I feel humbled that He desires to know me and to hang out with me despite the sheer volume of flaws I have. And, I feel thankful that by His grace, I was able to finish what I started back on July 11.

Thank God I finished!

Lord, thank you for helping me to finish the Bible in 90 Days Challenge. Thank you for the difference it has made in my life. Thank you for the difference it has made in my relationship with you. Please show me where to go from here. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

What an accomplishment girl! You are truly one amazing woman. :)
Barb said…
Congratulations!! Truly awesome!! I can't imagine how you ever found the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!