Day 339 -- Family Pictures

Today, my oldest friend offered to snap some pictures of us as a family.

The last time she did that was when Dharia was just over a year old at my mom and Bob's wedding.  In fact, you can see it in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

So, yeah, seeing as AJ wasn't even around yet, we were a little overdue for some family photos.

You can see how this would be a cause for concern for us as parents.  Colby and I were hoping to get at least one decent picture of us all together so that we could send out a Christmas card this year.

I am so thankful for my dear friend, who not only offered to take the pictures for us, but was patient and kind throughout the whole shoot. As you might imagine, it's not easy to get three kids 4 and under to cooperate for the camera. She was phenomenal. We were only hoping for decent, but we received fantastic family pictures. I was amazed by what she was able to do with the little we gave her to work with. I'm not going to spoil our Christmas cards by showing you the family pictures now, but I will give you a little taste of the session.




After the photo shoot, we got to spend time with April and Brian at our home.  We ate dinner, played games, and just reconnected.  It had been way too long since we had seen each other.  I feel so full of joy that I was able to spend time with my dear friend, to find out what's going on in her life, and to listen to her insights and suggestions in our conversation.  I had been missing it so much.  I am grateful for her friendship, for her talent as our family photographer, and for her wisdom and generosity of spirit.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life.

Thank God for family pictures!

Lord, thank you for my friend and for her willingness to take pictures for us today.  Thank you for her patience and flexibility during the shoot.  Thank you for the amazing results.  Most importantly, thank you for her friendship and for the chance to be together tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
These are great! - was just thinking about your family and family pictures...can hardly wait!
april. said…
Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!