Day 576 -- Love and Support

Remember this?  I do. Holy. Cow.

Tonight I am thankful to all of you out there who have loved and supported me through this entire journey.  I have been overwhelmed by all of the comments posted, texts sent, and phone calls I have received today and throughout the week wishing me luck, sending me love, and promising me prayers during the race tomorrow.

It means more that I can say that you believe in me.  It fills my heart up to bursting to know that you are willing to take time out of your day to pray, to hope, to wish with me as I chase a dream.  And I am thankful to know that no matter what happens, you will love me.

Among my biggest supporters have been my husband and my kids.  They have cheered me on through countless training rides, runs, and swims.  And despite being away from me, they have managed to show me their love and support.  Take for example, this chalk drawing Breslin drew at Nana's house for me tonight:
This is a picture my mom sent me tonight.  Breslin drew it in sidewalk chalk.  It is a picture of me running and it says "This is my mom."  Heart. melting. everywhere.



I feel ready to do this. 

Scared? Yes. 

Excited?  Yes.

But mostly ready

It's time to execute and put into practice everything I have learned during training.  All of the time and energy, the pain, the sweat, the tears -- it's time to cash in on all of that. 

It's time.

Thank you for loving me up through now.  Thank you for your support and your encouragement.  I feel so grateful to be surrounded by so many people who make me feel the way you did.  I am drawing my strength and focus from you tomorrow and will be thinking about each and every one of you at some point as I'm out on the course tomorrow. 

Thank you God for all this love and support!

Lord, thank you for the amazing people in my life who love me so much.  Thank you for all the love and encouragement I have received from each and every one of them throughout this journey.  Please help me to use that to be strong tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.












Comments

Unknown said…
Praying for you... good luck tomorrow!! You are awesome! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!