Day 1056 -- Playdate x 3

One of my favorite things about working at WHS is my teaching partner, Jeff.  If you don't believe me, read this.  An added blessing to our friendship is that he and his amazing wife, Kim, have three children whose ages stack up almost identically with ours.

Ever since Dharia was a brand-new baby girl of 8 days, she has been friends with Mia.  The girls spent every school day together at day care as infants and toddlers, but this year have gone to different elementary schools for kindergarten.  As it turns out, AJ has bonded strongly with Mia's little sister, Mary, and the two of them are also incredibly close.

Last weekend, Dharia was in tears because she missed her friend so much, so I talked to Jeff and asked if there was any way that we could get together so that our kids could see each other.  Tonight we piled up in the van and headed over with some Gina's pizza for a triple playdate.

Seeing Dharia's face light up when she saw Mia was a an amazing sight.  The kids broke off in their like-age/sex factions and played together for a solid 4 hours.  The joy in the house was palpable.  Even Breslin, who doesn't show strong alliances to anyone, really, was obviously enjoying James' company.  The two share very seem interests.  They read Captain Underpants and played Mario Brothers nearly the entire night.

Having this playdate was a huge blessing to both my kids and myself.  Obviously, I am thankful that my kids are blessed with such great kids as friends.  I am grateful for the fun they had with each other tonight.

I am also thankful for a chance to get out of my house and hang out with my friend.  It was fun to be able to talk to him outside of the school environment.

It was a wonderful night.

Thank God for a playdate x 3!

Lord, thank you for this family who brings so much joy to our family.  Thank you for Jeff's friendship and for his kids, who show love and friendship to my own kids.  Thank you for a fun night filled with laughter.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!