Day 608 -- Lopez Taco

Another great thing about living in Albion, besides the Albion District Library (day 417), the Whitehouse Nature Center (day 603) and the Dean Aquatic Center (day 606) is undoubtedly Lopez Taco House.

I was first introduced to Lopez, as it is affectionately called in these parts, at the tender age of 12, by a good friend of mine who had close ties to the Albion community.  I had 3 cheese enchiladas and my world was never the same.

These days, I'm not proud to say that I would probably trade one of my children for a chicken wet burrito if the mood struck me.  But just for a minute.  Maybe they could do dishes or something.  Lopez is a family owned restaurant.  They could be up for striking a deal.  Anyway. That's not my biggest problem now.

Because it turns out my kids love Lopez too.

After hitting up the library for story time today, we heard some librarians talking about getting lunch at Lopez.  It was one of those things that the more we heard them talk about it, the more it became certain we'd be going too or I would be unbearably grouchy the rest of the day.  After making short work of a basket of chips and salsa, Breslin, Dharia, and AJ each ate an entire cheese enchilada and refused to share any part of it with me.  Breslin even said, "It's delicious, momma! Don't eat it!"  I didn't know whether to be proud or offended.

So, while I'm grateful that my children love Lopez, I am disappointed that I probably won't be able to pick off any leftovers from their plates when we go.  But, I am happy to have found another love to share with my kids.

I am thankful for a family-owned restaurant in Albion that we can always turn to for a fantastic meal. 

And I am thankful that today I was able to eat a chicken wet burrito with my favorite people in the whole world.

If you've never been, you really should.  Even if you're driving through on I-94, it's not far off the highway.  You'll be glad you did!

And if you're not, you can drop off your doggy bag at my house. ;)

Thank God for Lopez Taco!

God, thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our love of Lopez Taco with our kids today.  Thanks for a fun, delicious meal in one of our favorite places -- a place that makes our hometown great.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!